Rubber tyred gantry crane, abbreviated as RTG, is a special lifting equipment for large container yards, loading and unloading standard containers. The crane is supported on inflatable rubber tires and is often powered by diesel generators. It can also be powered by cable drums. The RTG container crane can be turned at a right angle of 90° and transferred from one cargo yard to another with flexible operation.
Rubber Tyred Gantry Crane Design
This crane is composed of gantry frame structure, power transmission system, lifting mechanism, bridge travelling mechanism, trolley travelling mechanism, and a telescopic spreader. The equipment has stable performance, long service life, high production efficiency, good maneuverability, and little sensitivity to ground unevenness.
The RTG crane is powered by diesel generator alternator, using digital frequency conversion speed regulation, which can move in two directions in the container yards.
The crane is equipped with telescopic spreaders that can lift 20-foot and 40-foot containers. The spreaders mostly use fixed guide plates. In order to reduce the sway of the spreader, a mechanical anti-sway device is installed. For the convenience of stacking containers, a small-angle slewing device for spreaders is installed.
The right-angle steering mechanism is provided in order to be able to change the working site conveniently.
Generally, the crane span has been standardized to 23.47 meters (six rows plus walkways), and RTG cranes with non-standard spans are also available. The lifting height can ensure that a 40-foot long and 9’6” high container can be lifted, and it can cross the four-layer (or five to six-layer) container.
The crane is supported on large tires with 4, 8, or 16 wheels. The tires are usually 18.00～25 engineering tires. There are two types of tires, inner tuber and tubeless. Tubeless tires have more applications due to reduced friction between the inner and outer tires, good heat dissipation, and long life. The number of wheels is designed according to the requirements of site wheel pressure. The travelling mechanism of the crane can be four-wheel or two-wheel drive.
In order to prevent the collision between the cranes, and the crane and the container, a manual deviation correction system and a four-corner anti-collision device are provided.
The trolley running mechanism can be driven by rack type or dual-axis and single-axis, and the operation is stable. The cab in installed under the trolley, in which the driver operates the entire crane.
The crane adopts AC or DC speed regulation system, which has good speed regulation and constant power control, and can automatically adjust the lifting speed according to the weight of the box.
Applications of Rubber Tired Gantry Crane
Mobility gives a rubber tyred gantry crane wide appliance. The RTG crane is commonly used in container terminals to ground or stack containers, increasing the utilization of the limited yard space.
In addition to the intermodal operations, RTG gantry crane is widely used in industry. Applications include building large unbalanced structures, assembling large manufacturing components, and positioning pipes.
Technical Features of Rubber Tyred Gantry Crane for Sale
- There are a variety of power combination schemes available for the crane, energy saving and environmental protection.
- Two-way flexible resistance anti-sway systemis provided, excellent anti-sway effect, easy maintenance.
- Unique correction and fine adjustment technology, good correction effect.
- Personalized steering,anti-tipping design of the crane.
- Various safety measures such as strong wind alarm and safety dynamic scanning.
- With perfect safety instructions and overload protection devices, it can effectively ensure the safety of operators and equipment.
Get the Rubber Tyred Gantry Crane Price
If you are looking to purchase a new RTG crane, don’t hesitate to contact us. We will offer you superior quality crane with the most competitive price and also a wide range of after-sale service.
In order to provide you with a suitable quote, please let us know some basic information about the crane you need, including:
- Maximum rated load
- Span of the crane
- Lifting height
- Crane working environment
- What kind of goods does it lift?
- Power source
Aicrane After-sale Service
We provide a wide range of after-sales service, including the equipment installation and commissioning, staff training service, technical support, etc.
- We will send well-experienced engineers to the work site to assist in the installation and commissioning of equipment.
- We offer training for the operator and maintenance worker, and also provide free technical advice services.
- We provide original, authentic and high quality spare parts for the equipment maintenance.
- We provide lifetime service for equipment.
- Our service is provided 7*24 hours per week.