Industrial overhead crane is mainly used for lifting and moving heavy materials in various industrial sites, such as steel mills, heavy machine shops, chemical plants, steel factories and power plants. It is available in different types and configurations, including single girder, double girder, top running and underhung system. These cranes are very reliable and durable, greatly improving efficiency and productivity for your plants.
Applications of Overhead Industrial Cranes
This equipment can be adapted to almost all kinds of applications. Typical examples are cranes in workshops, warehouses, steel mills, factories and foundries for light duty or heavy duty production.
Industrial workshop overhead crane is ideal for lifting and transporting machines and components that need to be fabricated or repaired in light to heavy machine shops.
Warehouse overhead crane is suitable for handling raw materials or manufactured goods that are stored in the warehouses.
Steel mill crane is a kind of process crane used in steel mills to lift and transport hot liquid ladle. Due to high heat environments, the crane girder will adopt insulation treatment.
Factory overhead crane is designed for general lifting purposes, such as lifting goods in factories that need to be manufactured or assembled.
Foundry crane is engineered to lift hot molten metals in foundries. It usually works in high temperature environments.
Our machines can be designed for the lightest duty to sever industrial applications. Whatever your applications, you can find a proper crane system that works towards your goals at our company.
The design features of each crane may vary widely according to your specific operational specifications, such as type and weight of the load, location of the crane, motion of the crane and environmental conditions.
The bridge girder uses welded plate box girder design. It can be constructed to meet your local codes and regulations.
It comes in standard wire rope electric hoist that can be directly attached to the bridge girder or mounted on a trolley. Electric chain hoist is also optional for your particular lifting requirements.
Crane travelling mechanism
It is available with top running and under running system. Runway system can be custom designed to suit your applications and facility conditions.
Each crane is equipped with a pendant control as standard equipment. Other types of controls such as wireless remote control and cabin control are available.
The crane is fitted with a flat cable festoon system that is suspended from a track.
The crane steel structure is finished with a durable paint system to prevent it from corrosion in harsh working environments.
- Load limiter
- Limit switches
- Anti-collision device
- Warning horns
- Weigh scales
Getting to Know Industrial Overhead Crane Price
Looking for a discounted price for your crane? We can offer what you need. As a quality manufacturer and supplier of crane and hoist, we offer our customers an affordable solution that delivers maximum efficiency, safety, durability and suitability. A large crane may be expensive, but considering the benefits it brings to you such as handling materials with ease, increased workflow and efficiency, reduced accidents and reduced material damage, it is worth to buy for your business.
To know your overhead crane price and configurations precisely, you should first address the following information when talking to a crane manufacturer:
- The type of crane you need, such as single girder and double girder. For example, a 10 ton double girder crane will cost more than a 10 ton single girder crane.
- The required specifications, such as rated load capacity, span, lifting height, lifting speed and hook approach. A crane that requires a large capacity and a large span may need a double girder design.
- Duty cycle of your crane. How often will you use the equipment? How many lifts per hour? What is the average rated load the crane lifts? How frequently will the crane lift at full capacity?
- Where will you use the crane, and how is the environmental conditions? When it works in severe or dangerous environments, such as high heat, the presence of dust, explosive and flammable gases, it requires special designs and metal coatings to protect the machine as well as extend its working life. Therefore, it can be expensive to install for your facility.
- Do you require a runway? If so, determine the length of your runway. A long runway definitely costs more than a short one.
- What control system is desired? A fast crane that travels the length of the building may require a cabin control, which is more expensive than a pendant control or wireless remote control.
- Do you desire a steel structure workshop? If you require a steel structure building with crane system, there will be added costs for the design, fabrication, delivery and installation of steel structures.
Now that you’ve gone through the different considerations and factors, you can place an order for the right equipment. Our engineers and sales personnel will get together to develop an economical and practical solution for your specific applications.
Overhead Industrial Crane Safety System
The overhead travelling crane is aimed at improving efficiency and safety of production processes at your plants. In the design of a crane system, one important goal should be to build with the right safety features. See below for safety equipment options:
- Warning horns. These can be designed with your crane to warn other personnel when the crane is in motion.
- Walkways and railing. The crane is designed with walkways and railing so that it allows for a place to safely walk for equipment repair or maintenance.
- Anti-swaying device. The crane can move in a controlled manner, thus protecting the personnel on the floor.
- Anti-collision device. When multiple cranes are mounted and operating on the same runway system, the anti-collision device should be fitted to avoid accidents and collisions.
- Limit switches. These are designed for a variety of motion controls.
- Remote control. It allows the operator to stand well clear of the load to ensure a safe operation.
What’s more, we offer service, inspection and maintenance for your crane. To receive a free industrial overhead crane quotation, contact us online today!